[mythtv-users] Minimal button requirement for remote controls?

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Fri Nov 6 18:10:57 UTC 2009

On Fri, November 6, 2009 9:43 am, xavier hervy wrote:
> Eric Sharkey wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 9:46 AM, Another Sillyname
>> <anothersname at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Only 7 buttons when you have over 100 channels could take a while for
>>> channel selection
>>
>> For some of us, selecting a channel is a very rare event.
>>
>> Pretty much the only time I use LiveTV is when debugging some problem
>> with a tuner.
>>
> I am not using live TV neither.

I don't use LiveTV much either, but I *do* use the "jump X minutes"
functionality a lot, which requires the digit keys.

I'd say the biggest UI annoyance, when using a remote control, is
definitely the need for two menu buttons.  It's not that my remotes lack
for buttons -- I'm using remotes intended for TV cards, so I usually use
something like the "full screen" button to pull up one of the menus -- but
it makes it easy to overlook options, it's non-intuitive to new users, and
I sometimes forget which menu a particular item I want is in.