[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend idle cpu consumption help

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 21:14:50 UTC 2009

> Ok, I don't use all the plugins like weather games and a few others so I had
> removed them from mythbuntu control center.  However, I gave it a shot to go
> all all of them back in, and my cpu usage is normal even for scaled
> resolutions.
>
> What do you think, does this constitute enough evidence/info to enter a
> bug?  It seems to me like it is a mythfrontend issue with themes and
> possibly some dependency on some plugins.

Are you sure you are waiting long enough after restarting the frontend
to see the steady state CPU usage. I get the same thing regardless of
what I have the GUI resolution set to. I am on SD CRT and I tried
640x480 and the theme base resolution of 1280x720. I also have almost
all of those plugins installed. If I restart the frontend the CPU
usage goes down and then after a minute or two it will come back up to
15% and sit there like that. So if I don't wait long enough then it
appears that the CPU usage is down around 0% to 1%, but if I wait I
see the steady state of 15%.