[mythtv-users] Minimal button requirement for remote controls?

Kevin Hill khill at vnetwork.com
Fri Nov 6 21:48:37 UTC 2009

JEDIDIAH wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 04:34:47PM -0500, Tom Dexter wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 7:24 AM, Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> wrote:

>> If cost is the main issue when it comes to "minimal" remotes,
>> personally I've always been very happy with my Phillips Tivo, which
>> actually has quite a few buttons and can be had for like $12.  I have
>> two of them laying around.
>
>     I thought of assimilating my old Tivo remotes for use with MythTV
> when I first started but it seemed it would be an expensive option. I
> use Streamzap remotes instead. They aren't dirt cheap but they aren't
> rediculous either and they do come with a reciever.

Ha!
I use my Tivo remotes (from 2 old directv tivos) with my Streamzap
receiver. Works great, except most of the writing on the buttons has
worn off over the years...

I really love being able to program the volume for my old Kenwood
receiver into the Tivo remote, seems to be missing on a lot of other
universal remotes.

-kevin