[mythtv-users] problem with mythtv after upgrade port 6543 connection refused

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Nov 7 06:57:06 UTC 2009

On 11/07/2009 01:02 AM, Phil Wild wrote:
>>> It will not respond to any of the IP addresses. netstat -an | grep
>>> LISTEN | grep 6543 returns nothing
>> Some further insight. I dumped the database and created one from
>> scratch and things started working again....
>>
>> I am going to attempt to upgrade my old database again and see if I
>> get it working.
>>
> Just performed an upgrade of my 0.21 database and had the same problem
> afterwards.

After upgrading the old database, do a full backup (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore ), then drop the
database, run mc.sql, then start mythtv-setup, and exit.  Then do a
partial restore from the old database backup (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Partial_restore_of_a_backup
), then reconfigure things.  That way you'll save all the
non-recreateable data.

Or you can do this approach with your 0.21-fixes DB backup:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/406111#406111

Mike