[mythtv-users] Alternating Slow and Normal SD Video Playback Every Few Seconds

Mache Creeger mache at creeger.com
Sat Nov 7 18:04:59 UTC 2009

I have a current 0.21 myth release on fully patched up Fedora 10 and
11 AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ (2.4Ghz) clients running on Nvidia
6150-based systems with on motherboard graphics. Each client has 2GB
of memory, uses 190.36 nvidia drivers, uses gigabit ethernet, and
accesses video files off the MBE over NFS. On some SD playback
(usually network prime time shows) recorded from a HD Homerun off of
Comcast digital SD, both clients exhibit the same maddening effect of
alternating slow and normal motion video oscillating back and forth
every 1-3 seconds that did not occur during the normal broadcast. I
see no difference whether I use XvMC or use libmpeg2 & XVideo
Playback profiles.

On the myth side, Under General Playback (1/9) I have the following
items checked.

Extra Audio Buffering
Use video as a timebase
Clear saved position on playback
Alternate clear saved position
Jump to Program OSD
Always stream recordings from the backend
Enable picture controls

This does not happen when I playback stuff recorded from a PVR
150/500 and only happens on some of the stuff from the HD Homerun.
How do I fix it?

-- Mache