[mythtv-users] fanart update

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at ntlworld.com
Sat Nov 7 20:48:57 UTC 2009

On Saturday 07 Nov 2009 19:19:58 Johnny wrote:
> >>   Mythbuntu 9.10 has a few Jamu cron jobs set up at installation.
> >> Specifically for MythVideo there is a maintenance cron job that runs once a
> >> week.
>
> <Snip>
>
> >>   The other Mythbuntu Jamu cron jobs are a weekly clean up of orphaned
> >> graphics and every hour a download of graphics for your Scheduled and
> >> Recorded programs. Only missing graphics will be downloaded. These graphics
> >> will show in the Watch Recordings screen with some of the new themes.
>
> > I found the cron jobs and the log file they write to. The jamu jobs were
> > failing because the config.xml file in the mythtv user's home directory had
> > the wrong dbhost name.
>
> I just upgraded mythbuntu from 9.04 to 9.10 and I don't see any jamu
> cron jobs setup. Does this only happen during a clean install?
> Where/how are the jobs setup exactly? I would like to mirror this
> method on my system. I know I can go through and figure it out
> manually but if there is a convenient way I could just copy the jobs
> over that would be great.

My mythbuntu clean install has jamu jobs setup correctly.

Edit /home/mythtv/.mythtv/jamu.conf according to the instructions on the mythtv wiki. If you don't have one I can let you have mine.

My cron jobs are:

/etc/cron.hourly/mythvideo
#!/bin/sh
#Hourly massive update to ensure users see graphics coming in for upcoming recordings and current recordings
DIRECTORY=$(grep ^mythtv /etc/passwd | awk -F : '{print $6}')
if [ -f "$DIRECTORY/.mythtv/config.xml" ]; then
    su mythtv -c "/usr/bin/python /usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/jamu.py -MW >> '/var/log/mythtv/jamu.log'"
fi

/etc/cron.daily/mythvideo
#!/bin/sh
#Daily maintenance mode for Jamu
DIRECTORY=$(grep ^mythtv /etc/passwd | awk -F : '{print $6}')
if [ -f "$DIRECTORY/.mythtv/config.xml" ]; then
    su mythtv -c "/usr/bin/python /usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/jamu.py -M >> '/var/log/mythtv/jamu.log'"
fi

/etc/cron.weekly/mythvideo
#!/bin/sh
#Janitor mode to clean up stale stuff
DIRECTORY=$(grep ^mythtv /etc/passwd | awk -F : '{print $6}')
if [ -f "$DIRECTORY/.mythtv/config.xml" ]; then
    su mythtv -c "/usr/bin/python /usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/jamu.py -MJ >> '/var/log/mythtv/jamu.log'"
fi

HTH

Mark