[mythtv-users] program guide very slow if current program is hidef

Adam Felson a.f.9 at pobox.com
Sun Nov 8 02:18:44 UTC 2009

I've recently returned my cable boxes as the local cable company wants too
much and offers no unencrypted digital or hidef programming that I can't get
over the air.

I've just started seriously using mythtv for watching live tv.  I've noticed
that if I'm watching a hidef program and try to use the program guide, it is
so slow that it is nearly unuseable.  It frequently locks up for 30 seconds
at a time.  If I pause the live tv first, then the program guide is fine.

Is this a known bug? (feature?)  is there a workaround other than pausing
before using the program guide.

BTW: I'm using version  0.22.20091023-1