[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.22 upgrade problems

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Nov 8 03:08:13 UTC 2009

On 11/07/2009 08:58 PM, mythtv a blandford wrote:
> I have been running mythtv for several years and am currently at 0.21.
>
> I am trying to upgrade to 0.22 using the atrpms packages.
>
> After the upgrade, running mythvsetup appears to go fine and I see the
> schema updates occur.
>
> However, when I start the front end, it tries to update the schema for
> mythvideo but fails.  On the screen it says:
>
> Warning: MythTV wants to upgrade your database for the Video schema,
> from 1016 to 1028.
>
> Messages from the frontend log say:
> Query was:
> ALTER DATABASE mythconverg DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1;
> Driver error was [2/1146]:
> QMYSQL3: Unable to execute statement
> Database error was:
> Table 'mythconverg.videocountry' doesn't exist
>
> 2009-11-07 18:55:09.110 Couldn't upgrade video database schema, exiting.
> 2009-11-07 18:55:09.110 Unable to initialize plugin 'mythvideo'.
>
> Looking at the database, that table does not appear to exist.
>
> Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Backup your database (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore ).

Then:

cat << "EOF" | mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS videocast;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS videocategory;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS videocountry;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS videogenre;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS videometadata;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS videometadatacast;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS videometadatacountry;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS videometadatagenre;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS videotypes;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS filemarkup;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS dvdinput;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS dvdtranscode;
DELETE FROM settings WHERE value
    IN ('mythvideo.DBSchemaVer',
        'VideoDBSchemaVer',
        'DVDDBSchemaVer');
EOF

Then start mythfrontend and it should re-create the video/DVD schema for
you.

I'm guessing at one point in the past you had only MythDVD or MythVideo
installed back when they were separate plugins.

Mike