[mythtv-users] Boot weirdness on Mythbuntu 9.10

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Sun Nov 8 18:31:44 UTC 2009

MythTV Users,

Upgrading to Mythbuntu 9.10 has solved a lot of issues, but two very
odd, and small issues remain.

1. I can't select to do away with the login screen. When I go to the
login screen settings, I can click the button to "Authenticate", but
after I enter my root password, the option to say "login automatically
as..." is greyed out. What's up with that?

2. Every time I reboot, the Update Manager dialogue screen shows up over
top the MythTV front end interface. I've gone into the settings manager
and unchecked the option to have the auto-update manager to show up. And
it just won't go away. How do I make sure it doesn't keep automatically
starting?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks for any help.

--