[mythtv-users] Jamu error message

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at ntlworld.com
Sun Nov 8 20:36:22 UTC 2009

On Sunday 08 Nov 2009 19:30:23 Doug Vaughan wrote:
> Mark,
>     One more thing, Jamu will not delete metadata. What is more likely
> to have happened is that the MythVideo records did not have TVDB/TMDB
> numbers and Jamu either added an entirely (duplicate to you) record or
> tried to fill in the gaps from what you had entered.
>
>     If you like to manually enter metadata that you do not want replaced
> then you have two choices. Change those video's TMDB/TVDB number to
> '99999999' eight nines and jamu will ignore those video. This is a
> feature for people that use MythVideo with their home movie collections
> or those that manually enter data for videos that are not in TVDB or
> TMDB. The last option is not to use jamu at all.
>
> Doug

Hi Doug,

Thanks for this. I think I now know what has happened. I'm running a combined frontend/backend.

Mythbuntu creates, unbeknown to me, default storage groups for Videos, posters, fanart etc. I didn't know about these.

I had edited the setup in the Frontend under 'Directories that hold videos' to point to my /media/entertainment/Videos. Meanwhile the storage group was still pointing at /var/lib/mythtv/videos.

I'd scanned the videos from the frontend and manually downloaded metadata.

Now that I've found the storage group, I've changed the storage group setting to point to my directory. Running Jamu again then created new entries for all my videos. This confused me so I scanned for changes. This is what lost all the metadata. But, now that everything is looking in the same place, scan for changes no longer loses metadata and I'm happy to say that Jamu is updating everything just like I wanted it to.

It seems to me to be somewhat confusing to have two separate independent places to set a directory path. And it's a little worrying that it causes the jamu confusion like it does.

Anyway, thanks for the help. We worked it out in the end... :)

Mark