[mythtv-users] Playing video/music from external USB harddrive?

Alexander Puchmayr alex at olymp.linznet.at
Mon Nov 9 16:37:18 UTC 2009

Hi there!

When I insert a CDROM or data DVD with avi/mpeg files into my mythtv box
(gentoo-linux, mythtv-0.21_p19046), I immediately see an additional entry
named "cdrom" in the list of video sources, the files can be selected and
played properly.

Now I'd like to have the same when I attach an external harddrive via USB. The
current situation is that nothing happens, no additional entry and no chance
to play/watch anything on an external HD.

So, what do I have to do to watch videos from an external HD?

Greetings
	Alex