[mythtv-users] Successful upgrades

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 18:58:28 UTC 2009

Hi There,

I am looking for reports of successful upgrades from Mythbunutu 9.04
to Mythbuntu 9.10. There have been a few posts where people have been
having problems and many reports of nice installs where the install
was fresh. So... I am looking to upgrade - now F1 season is over...
but the WAF wont allow for an outage due to X-Factor.... doh...
really!

So I am looking for a few reports of successful upgrades with
mythbuntu; a list of known issues and an indication of the time I
should allow for the upgrade (duration of expected outage).

We have a: Asus P5Q with Q6600
Asus NVidia 8500gt 1gb using svideo output
4gb ram
Nova-T 500
OS HD 40GB
Media HD 1.5tb EXT3 mounted on /var/lib/mythtv
using MythWeb, MythMusic, MythVideo
runs samba, monit and a few other services.
mythtvfs

Unfortunately I dont have enough equipment to build a dev box - I am
however considering installing a fresh OS HD.

secondary remote frontend SP13000 using xvmc 512mb, booted off a USB
running 9.10 running myth0.21

This is not a slight at the devs and package creators; I am sure that
there are many successful upgrades but I just want reassurance and a
bit of an idea regarding duration.

Really looking forward to trying out 0.22

Thanks

Rich

Thanks And Regards,

Richard Morton