[mythtv-users] New frontend... Atom?

Greg Cope gregcope at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 20:34:20 UTC 2009

2009/11/9 Richard Morton <richard.e.morton at gmail.com>:
> Hi Greg,
>
> fans!
>
> I know the dual core isn't fanless (single core is as standard I
> understand) at least on the zotac boards; but I am looking for a
> completely silent solution to replace my SP13000 at some point...
>
> So after your post I went looking; after hooking out the HDD and
> putting in some sort of flash storage; it could be silent if there was
> a big enough heatsink... is the revo fanless? Has anyone got a atom
> dual core fanless system running?

The dual core has a fan.  Not a big one.  Basically a laptop fan that
cools a small ali? heatsink on the CPU and GPU.  It also vents the
case.

I think you could run one fanless with a big heatsink.  It would need
a little case modding!

My present host is in the garage, which is where the revo might end up
- hence I do not care about noise.

Greg