[mythtv-users] Serving subtitles over UPNP/DLNA

Scott list-mythtv at bluecamel.eml.cc
Mon Nov 9 21:11:21 UTC 2009

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 16:36:47 -0400, "Greg Estabrooks"
<greg at phaze.org> said:
> > When streaming live TV from Myth 0.22 to a compatible UPNP/DLNA
> > device
>
>  As far as I know myth doesn't support streaming LiveTV via UPNP. You
>  mean a recording?

Exactly what I meant to say. I'm streaming recorded shows that were
captured with the HDHR over the air.

> > Does Myth pass the video stream unaltered to the UPNP/DLNA client or
> > is there some on the fly transcoding (or other video stream
> > manipulation)
>
>  Yes, it is passed unaltered.   The UPNP client basically makes many
>  quests saying "give me file ZZZZ  bytes XXXX to YYYYY" and that is
>  exactly what is sent.

So, sounds like a PS3 issue then. I'll investigate further to see if I
can
find a UPNP client that can handle decoding of EIA-608/708 and try to
push
Sony for adding support to the PS3.

Thanks.