[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun Died

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Nov 9 21:26:09 UTC 2009

On Monday 09 November 2009 14:18:15 Jim Morton wrote:
> Mitch Gore wrote:
> >     If you are in the USA Radio Schlock has an assortment of various
> >     DC adapters,
> >     you can usually find what you want.
> >
> >     Also, some warts are AC and some are  DC, the HDHR wants 5 volts
> >     DC, the
> >     center pin is positive.
> >
> >     --
> >     Brian Wood
> >     beww at beww.org <mailto:beww at beww.org>
> >

> > uhh i hate that store....Just called and they have one for $36.  what
> > a friggin rip.  Least they have a good return policy ;)
> >
> > I also found out via flee bay that the PSP uses a 5V 2A.  Which can be
> > had for $5. If the new PSU works that is.
>
> I was there not to long ago looking for a particular length USB cable.
> They had it and wanted $38 for it. When I asked why, the salesman said
> it was a "specially designed to carry data". I couldn't resist asking if
> he knew where I could get one that wasn't designed to carry data. :-)

Ask if they have one designed to carry soft drinks.

The real rip is the price of HDMI cables. They wanted about $60 or $70 for a
cable I got on the internet for $7.

Electrons are electrons, and wire is wire, all the rest is marketing.

But Monster Cables is probably the worst at such ripoffs, selling speaker
cables suitable for mooring the Queen Mary, with a price that approaches the
cost of that ship.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org