[mythtv-users] .22 Performance and ITV HD

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 9 23:41:35 UTC 2009

I've been playing with .22RC1 and have got ITV HD working.

However an important tip for anyone using this combination.....

DO NOT LET COMMERCIAL FLAGGING RUN AGAINST ANY ITV HD RECORDINGS

The performance of my frontend got very sluggish at certain times for
no immediately obvious reason.

I checked all the things I could think of and slowly came to realise
that if the backend was running a mythcommflag job against an ITV HD
recording the log was filling with messages at a horrible rate and
having enough of an effect to slow responses from the mysql server on
the backend.....thus sluggish frontends.

When recording stuff on ITV HD make sure you turn off the commflag.

Apart from that I'm pretty impressed so far and will probably migrate
all my stuff this weekend coming.