[mythtv-users] Deinterlacers with Atom/Ion + VDPAU?

Scott list-mythtv at bluecamel.eml.cc
Tue Nov 10 04:44:10 UTC 2009

On Nov 9, 2009, at 10:57 PM, Johnny wrote:

>> I have been really happy with my Ion-based Acer AspireRevo frontend.
>> HD MPEG2 VDPAU decoding with one-field deinterlacing takes less than
>> 10% CPU and looks great.
>> I wanted to compare some of the other deinterlacing methods, but got
>> choppy playback on any of the others I tried.
>>
>> Which deinterlacing methods are supported with the Ion chipset?
>
> I don't have an ION but from what I have read on the list and from the
> wiki (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/VDPAU#Supported_Cards) the ION
> (9400M) should be able to handle all of the VDPAU deinterlacers except
> Advanced 2x.

That's my experience as well. I have the ASRock 330 ION with the
9400M. For 1080i material I use the Temporal 2x. For 720p and DVDs the
Advanced 2x works fine. There is a small pause/stutter as the OSD
fades off the screen for 1080i material. I haven't looked or don't
remember seeing it on 720p though. My CPU with 1080i and Temporal 2x
is about 2% user according to top.

--
Scott <catfather at donpoo.net>
AIM: BlueCame1