[mythtv-users] WAF-like mythweb question from Pam Ashworth

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 14:46:50 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 4:56 PM, Ken Bass <kbass at kenbass.com> wrote:
> mons37318 at mypacks.net wrote:
>>
>> I know how to play the files once they are downloaded.
>> Firefox doesn't know what to do when I click on the thumbnails. (and it
>> thinks myth is a protocol...)
>>

> For me, I click on one of the two little icons. One is for 'ASX streaming'
> and the other is for 'Direct Download'. What I had to do was go into
> Firefox, Tools->Options, select the Applications tab and edit the ASX file
> association to use my vlc.exe player. I had to do this despite trying to
> check the box that tells Firefox to 'always open like this'. That seems to
> be ignored and the Tools->Options was the only way I got it to work
> properly. (Under Firefox 3.5 on Win 7).

Also, just to clarify:  The "Direct Download" link (which is the same
link you get if you go into the "Recording Details" for a recording
and click on the thumbnail), sends a "Content-disposition" header
specifying a file name, which tells most/all browsers to open the save
as dialog rather than opening the file, regardless of other settings
in the browser.

Tom