[mythtv-users] ION "LE" suitable for VDPAU ?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Nov 10 16:52:43 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 10 November 2009 09:45:14 Travis Tabbal wrote:

> I've since moved my backend onto a large server running in a VM. It's
> working very well. My Frontends are now very overpowered with VDPAU
> decoding the video.

I take that to mean your capture devices are runing on a VM. Are you using any
PCI tuners on the VM? I can see USB or network (HDHR) tuners working well on
a VM, but I have doubts as to whether a PCI tuner would work or not.

I have a large server with lots of excess capacity, if I could get PCI tuners
to work in a VM (using Virtualbox right now), I'd consider moving my B/E to
that.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org