[mythtv-users] suspend pulse at playback startup, not frontend startup

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Nov 10 17:00:39 UTC 2009

OK.  So I get that there is no love between mythtv and pulseaudio.
Seemed to work fine in 0.21-fixes but for whatever reason, in 0.22,
mythfrontend suspends pulseaudio when it starts.

I wonder though, would it not be more appropriate to only suspend
pulseaudio at the start of playing something and then release the
suspension when the playback stops?

This way, pulseaudio still works while mythfrontend is not expecting to
use the audio device and one can leave mythfrontend up and running (but
not playing anything) while one does other work on his machine for which
he wants pulseaudio.

Thots?

b.