[mythtv-users] Ubuntu upgrade and Fanart

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 18:13:43 UTC 2009

> My Ubuntu (with Mythbuntu on top) upgrade to 9.10 went surprisingly well!
> One thing I haven't managed to see yet is any Fanart. Is there somewhere I
> need to turn it on? I keep seeing great screen shots of menus with fanart in
> the background, but haven't managed to see any yet.
>
> I have set up the storage directories etc. What am I missing?

You need to be using a theme that has support for it (Graphite, Blue
Abstract, Mythbuntu, Terra, etc). Then you need to get artwork. In
mythvideo you can hit 'W' to grab the metadata and fanart for
individual videos. And/or you can use JAMU
(http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Jamu) to do bulk updates, maintenance,
watch recordings artwork, etc.