[mythtv-users] MythTV v0.22 is officially out

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Nov 10 18:51:53 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 08, 2009 at 05:09:01PM -0500, Christian Szpilfogel wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:

>>> Great!
>>> Will you also be building for CentOS 4 as well or are you done with
>>> that? One of my servers still has a CentOS 4 dependency...
>>>

>> I would, but certain dependencies are missing. Even for RHEL5/CentOS5
>> I had to supplement an additional qt4 package as the one supplied does
>> not fulfill the minimal requirements for mythtv. RHEL4/CentOS4 had far
>> more failure points. :/
>>
> The CentOS4 environment I have is only used as a Slave Backend. Do the
> dependencies affect those components? I believe a slave requires only
> mythtv-backend, mythtv-setup, and their respective dependencies. I'm not
> sure if mythtv-frontend is required for some related dependency or if
> mythtv-setup requires qt4 and other stuff that caused your issues.

Even if there are fewer runtime dependencies, you may need some
packages more during build time. You can try to build from the src.rpm
and see what is missing/breaking.

> If it is too much of a pain, then I will wait until my CentOS4
> dependency is removed (likely in December).

If it weren't a pain it would probably be already built and up at the
repo ;)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net