[mythtv-users] 0.22 Video list browser

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 00:56:14 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 4:51 PM, Christopher X. Candreva
<chris at westnet.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Nov 2009, Johnny wrote:
>
>> The MythCenter theme is really just using the default theme. So you
>> are basically getting the MythCenter background image and main menu
>> but everything else is dropping back to the default theme. You may
>
> Robertm (I assume Robert McNamara ?) commented on my ticket, and I
> understand the issues a bit better now. See his comments here:
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7533
>
> It makes me curious, however,  why MythCenter is an official theme, since it
> doesn't theme the menus. Since I just copied (and freely admit it)
> MythCenter, changing the icons, any critizims of my Retro-wide should hold
> for MythCenter too ?

You are absolutely right, and that is a very valid point.  To answer
briefly-- it was left in to let people use *something* that seemed
familiar, and you are absolutely right, Mythcenter as it always
existed doesn't exist any more.  Hopefully this is a temporary
situation until someone a) properly themes MythCenter or b) we have
enough theme choice that we can leave unported theme behind.

> I'm not say "So take mine", just trying to undersand the situation. You've
> inspired me to see what elss I can do. I've just printed the theme docs.
>
> Any other Retro fans want to help  ? (Anyone know who did the original
> icons ? It would be nice to be able to make some additional ones in that
> style).

Bravo for this effort-- getting others involved is a nice idea and you
may even have a nicer time getting into theming with a group to work
with.

Keep it up,

Robert