[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend idle cpu consumption help

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 15:46:40 UTC 2009

> I'm surprised the quality difference is not perceptible... unless
> you are using bob or linear for deinterlacing that is, or if your
> TV is an old CRT and not well focussed.

This is off topic, but I am feeding the TV through component inputs
and it is a nice Sharp CRT. I am using VDPAU Advanced 2x for
deinterlacing. With quality scaling you would be hard pressed to see
the difference. Scaling down and back up will be a problem. But
scaling up and back down isn't really an issue, especially if it is
done well.