[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend idle cpu consumption help

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 15:49:50 UTC 2009

> Or - come to think of it - if you still had some scaling even when
> using 640x480. That can happen if you scale the GUI and forget to
> uncheck the box for scaling the video to the same as the GUI.

I purposely scale the video as well. The overscan is pretty bad. It
will cut off the logos etc that are supposed to be in the safe area. I
looked at it both ways and I can't see a difference in terms of
sharpness. Maybe I could with higher quality content, but I am just
talking about TV recordings here. They aren't that sharp to start
with.