[mythtv-users] Error when changing Mythtv's mysql database from utf8 to latin1 on Gentoo
dliana.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 17:07:29 UTC 2009
I am a Gentoo user... Here is my understanding of what needs to be done (or
better yet, what I did). I could completely be out in left field, so if
anyone wants to correct me, I can at least restore from a backup.
1. I had the latin1 use flag set for as long as I remember, so it is my
understanding that I would not be, or at worst minimally affected. I
2. I would dump the full database using the mysqldump command
3. Using the mysqldump comand, pullout the important tables (like
recorded, recordeddata, etc.). I think the syntax for this is on the wiki.
I like to set up my hardware and other settings from scratch when I
4. Drop mythconverg.
5. Make a backup of /etc/mysql/my.conf, and replace utf8 with latin1 in
my.cnf. I did not have to do this since everything was latin1.
6. Re-create mythconverg with a charset of latin1.
7. Run mythtv-setup from 0.21, but do not set anything up and exit.
8. Restore you're backup from step 2 or 3, depending on your
preferences. I restored from step 2.
9. Upgrade mythtv, mythtv-themes and your plugins to v0.22.
10. Run mythtv-setup and tweak your settings. It looks like this
upgrades your db to utf8. (I'm assuming this is okay)
On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 11:38 AM, Steve Evans <mythtv-users at gorbag.com>wrote:
> I am using Mythtv 0.21 on Gentoo. Gentoo sets up mysql to use utf8,
> but Mythtv prefers it to use latin1. This will cause problems when
> Mythtv is upgraded to 0.22. There are instructions on how to fix this at:
> I followed these instructions, but got this error when restoring the fixed
> ERROR 1062 (23000) at line 1712: Duplicate entry 'Kathleen ├├┤Dixie├├Â
> Dixon*Jane Hazlegr' for key 2
> Fortunately it was possible to restore the original, unfixed, backup,
> so I have a working mythtv :-)
> Does anyone have any idea how to fix the database /without/ getting this
> Steve Evans E-mail: mailto:stevee at gorbag.com
> WEB: http://www.gorbag.com
> Registered Linux user #217906: http://counter.li.org
> Public Encryption Key: http://www.gorbag.com/public-key.html
> Now playing: 'Everything's Gone Green' by 'New Order' from the album
> Records - Communications 1978-92 - CD2 1981 to 1984'
> 2.6.30-gentoo-r7 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz GNU/Linux
> 11:56:33 up 16 days, 20:51, 7 users, load average: 1.92, 0.92, 0.37
> From the cradle to the coffin underwear comes first.
> -- Bertolt Brecht
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mythtv-users