[mythtv-users] 0.22 and the HD-PVR-1212?

Steve Harrington mythlist at the-harringtons.org
Wed Nov 11 17:16:32 UTC 2009

Brian Wood wrote:
> Now that 0.22 is out, I'm looking forward to finally being able to use my
> 1212.
>
> Does anyone have any advice, or good or bad experiences to share on getting a
> 1212 to work? Any major gotchas?
>
> What I really want to hear is that it "just works" :-)
>
> I'm using a DISH VIP722, I change channels using a MyBlaster which has never
> failed me, so channel changes should be OK.
>
> Probably due to its having an external power supply, the MyBlaster seems to
> put out a LOT of IR radiation. It even works reliably from the next room. A
> real shame that MyTV is no longer in business:-(

Brian (or anyone else),

I'd be interested to see how your experience with Dolby Digital output
over optical into your HD-PVR is.  On my VIP211k and HD-PVR, I can set
the receiver to output DD, but when I play it back it sounds like
someone is talking through a fan.  I don't know if this is a Dish
Network issue, an HD-PVR issue, a driver issue, or a MythTV issue.  I
know it's not a cable issue because I've swapped out the cable several
times, and I doubt it's a MythTV issue.  I have the latest firmware on
the HD-PVR.  If I set up the receiver to output PCM over optical, all is
fine.

Otherwise, the device works great!