[mythtv-users] Adding channels for my HD-PVR

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 11 22:40:47 UTC 2009

OK, so I upgraded to 0.22 on Mythbuntu 9.10 today and it went fairly
smoothly.  I can capture from my HD-PVR using "cat /dev/video0 >
<filename>" so the kernel sees it.  I added the HD-PVR as a tuner card,
but I'm a little unsure how to tie the channels from my cable box to
it.  So, can anyone give me some pointers with the following:

1) I have a lot of my channels in my SchedulesDirect lineup that I can
only get from my cable box (originally I wanted to capture them over
Firewire).  How do I get these channels into Myth?  I may have had them
once but used the channel editor to remove them since I could never get
Firewire to work.  Do I have to make a new Input connection for them?

2) When I added the HD-PVR, I put in "/usr/bin/6200ch" as the channel
change script.  I realized that I don't have 6200ch.  I know I can
compile it so that's not a problem.  Is "/usr/bin/6200ch" enough to have
on that command line, or are there other parameters that I need to pass in?

Thanks for any help.
Harry