[mythtv-users] Mythweb error

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Nov 11 22:57:03 UTC 2009

On 11/11/2009 05:51 PM, Drew Gilbert wrote:
> Bobby Gill wrote:
>> Getting a bunch of these when going to various recordings/scheduling
>> pages on Mythweb:
>>
>> *Error* at
>> /home/bobby2/public_html/mythweb/modules/tv/tmpl/default/detail.php,
>> line 117:
>> strftime() [function.strftime
>> <http://bobgill.bounceme.net:1758/mythweb/tv/detail/1042/function.strftime>]:
>> It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are
>> *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the
>> date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those
>> methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely
>> misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York'
>> for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead
>>
>> Checking in with los expertos before I go and edit the various .php
>> pages and surely fudge things up further hehe.
> I seem to remember getting something similar after upgrading PHP, I
> had to explicitly set the date.timezone value  in my /etc/php/php.ini
> file :
>
> <snip>
> [Date]
> date.timezone = Europe/London
> </snip>

That would make sense.  There's no way that Myth's time zone detection
could ever return "EST/-5.0/no DST" unless someone set that (nonsense)
value in a TZ environment variable.

However, PHP has its own time zone detection functionality--and I can't
guarantee its behavior like I can Myth's time zone detection behavior.  :)

Mike