[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend idle cpu consumption help

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Nov 12 05:04:22 UTC 2009

On 11/11/2009 09:53 PM, jansenj wrote:
>> Regardless, the system calls you're seeing above are coming from Qt code,
>> not Myth code.
> If thats the case, I wonder if the Qt version changed since I installed my
> system with mythbuntu alpha 6.  I don't remember having this issue at first,
> but can't be sure.  And I've been staying pretty updated on all the ubuntu
> packages.  If so, I wonder if we can roll back a package that started this.

I took a quick glance at the Qt code that made those calls and didn't
see any obvious problems with them.

However, there are multiple code paths--depending on whether your system
supports CLOCK_MONOTONIC.  A Google and not a lot of actual reading
seems to indicate there may be problems in Qt's detection of
CLOCK_MONOTONIC support--many reports of which seem to be on embedded
systems (though I don't know if they're using eglibc or uclibc or
what).  I could see the Qt code causing issues if it detected improperly.

Mike