[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend idle cpu consumption help

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Thu Nov 12 10:02:27 UTC 2009

Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 21:53 -0500, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
>> Hrm.  I don't see it.
>
> NAK.  I do see it now, when the Decoder is not XvMC.  I guess XvMC and
> Interlaced (2x) are incompatible.  I guess I will have to experiment and
> see which is more important/better for me.

Yeah, I use Standard (I think it is), which is ffmpeg for decode, and
XV for blit. Then "Interlaced (2x)" is available.

The thing to do is get it working with no deinterlacer first. You should
then notice two modes. One looking perfect and one with combs all over
the place. The two modes will happen randomly - depends on whether
the interlaces are in or out of sync. Then using "Interlaced (2x)"
will force then into sync. If you don't see the two modes with none
then something isn't set up right. One complication: in the UK a
lot of programs are now progressive although marked as interlaced
in the stream. The best test is with rolling credits at the end
of a program; they tend to still use interlacing. Also live programs
tend to too.

If you see strange sign curves at the edges of moving objects then
you still have some scaling somewhere in the system.

Paul.