[mythtv-users] Dell Zino HD as FE/BE

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 15:36:30 UTC 2009

> I know for a fact there are full-time paid programmers working on the
> open-source radeon drivers. It is indeed a constant game of catch-up as
> Kevin suggested.

Yeah, I figured there were some. I guess my point was that it isn't a
problem necessarily with the open source development model. It is a
problem of raw man power to keep up with the radical changes that are
made with GPU hardware from one generation to the next. It isn't
nearly as stable as the x86 architecture for example. So open source
doesn't benefit as much from the mature efforts of past coders.