[mythtv-users] mythweb doesn't work after upgrade

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 17:03:09 UTC 2009

Hi list,

I just did an upgrade to .22 from atrpms.  First off, very painless
and smooth transition.  Also love some of the new themes and looking
forward to playing with them.

However, after the upgrade, I can't log onto mythweb anymore.  I can
put the complete backtrace it spits out if that is of help, but it
looks like I don't have the right version of mythweb (I tried doing an
additional smart upgrade mythweb, but it says there are no interesting
upgrades available).  Here is the first part of the output of mythweb,
please let me know what I need to do to fix this:

Error at /var/www/html/mythweb/includes/mythbackend.php, line 172:
Incompatible protocol version (mythweb=40, backend=50)

Fatal Error at /var/www/html/mythweb/includes/mythbackend.php, line 39:
Unable to connect to mythbackend, is it running?

I am sure mythbackend is running.  I am able to watch recordings and
live tv with no problems.

Thanks