[mythtv-users] NVP: prebuffering pause and Emule

Duncan Brown mythtv at duncb.co.uk
Thu Nov 12 20:41:29 UTC 2009

Hey Guys

I've just come across a rather odd problem.

I quite often run aMule on my myth box, as it is always on.

Since the upgrade to 0.22, if I am running aMule in the background,  I
get long hard freezes in playback of DVB-T radio channels. The logs show
lots of NVP: prebuffering pauses

This happens in both live and recorded programs, but only radio. Normal
TV channels seem unaffected.

The solution is obvious, just don't run aMule, but any ideas why this is
happening? More curiosity than anything else.

Cheers

Dunc