[mythtv-users] desktop environment efficiencies.

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Nov 12 21:57:28 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-12 at 16:45 -0500, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> What would be most efficient, however, would be to use something other
> than a desktop environment--some lightweight window manager like Fluxbox
> or, even better, RatPoison.

Or if it's a dedicated FE, no window manager at all.

Every time I suggest it at least one person tells me that it won't work.
But I have been running this way since 0.19 and it's always been
absolutely hiccup free in terms of window placement and focus.

Dedicated FEs, IMHO and experience don't need a WM.

b.