[mythtv-users] No TV after upgrade to .22 using PVR-350 TVOUT - help!

sdkovacs sdkovacs at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 22:15:44 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 4:51 PM, Craig Isdahl <craig at dashsystems.com> wrote:
> All -
>
> I've upgraded to .22 and have everything working except I don't have TVOUT
> capabilities any more (using the PVR-350).
>
> This is CentOS 5.4 using video4lan - please see
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/406812#406812 for more
> details and xorg.conf file.
>
> -----
> Here's the errors at the end of Xorg.0.log:
>
> (II) IVTV: driver for ivtv framebuffer: PVR-350
> (II) Primary Device is: PCI 00:02:0
> (--) Chipset PVR-350 found
> (EE) open /dev/fb0: No such file or directory
> (EE) Screen 0 deleted because of no matching config section.
> (II) UnloadModule: "ivtv"
> (EE) Device(s) detected, but none match those in the config file.
>
> Fatal server error:
> no screens found
> -----
>
> It appears X is not configured correctly but I'm really not sure what I need
> to change in the conf file, any guidance is appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
> Craig

If I'm not mistaken, ivtvfb.ko is missing from the atrpms video4lan rpm.

Run this command as root. If you get no output, the the framebuffer is
not installed.

find /lib/modules/`uname -r` -name ivtvfb.ko

If the framebuffer is there, you may be loading it incorrectly. What
does your /etc/modprobe.conf look like?