[mythtv-users] Hopefully the last Revo Question

Russ Van Winkle russ.vanwinkle at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 03:01:54 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 10:48 PM, Johnny <jarpublic at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think it is too secret. Microsoft makes it part of their
> license agreement that PCs are not sold to consumers without an OS on
> them. I don't think they are too worried about Linux, but they worry
> about people buying the cheaper no OS PC and putting a pirated copy of
> Windows on it.

When Walmart was selling PCs with Linux preinstalled (online only) a
few years back, this was exactly Microsoft's objection - that
customers would wipe Linux in favor of using their old copies of
Windows, or otherwise unauthorized use.

Of course, it was far more likely that customers would wipe the
preinstalled Linux in favor of their preferred distro.

--
Russ D. Van Winkle