[mythtv-users] jamu (0.57) exits status of 1; upsets cron - any ideas?

Greg Cope gregcope at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 15:48:41 UTC 2009

Hi All,

Installed mythbuntu 9.10 which includes 0.22.  I have included
avenard's repo for VDPAU stuff.

Excellent release all round - I am very impressed with the more
polished UI in 0.22 having come from cough, 0.20, cough.

Jamu is run via a cron script and gives an exit status of 1.  Which
cron diligently emails me with.

Running it on the command line and I appear to get no errors (in
STDERR or otherwise) but still it exits with 1.  Running in debug more
gives no clues.

Is this "normal"?  Or is there something wrong with my upgrade?  My
expectation is a 0 exit code.  This would make cron shut up!

Command run;
/usr/bin/python /usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/jamu.py -MW; echo $?
<snippage>
1

If someone can give me a hint as to where to look (what is the final
bit of code run and I can add some debug stuff myself).  Does it just
need a sys.exit(True) in the right place? Or is mine bombing out
silently with an error

Ta.

Greg