[mythtv-users] Low power FE/BE CPU

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 18:05:28 UTC 2009

I would just go up to the a 65w and have lots of power for not much initial
cost in hardware.  Of course I like to be able to commflag 2-3 recording in
real time.  The advantage of this is you start a show 20 mins in your are
skipping comm already.  If its a slower proc that cant keep up you will need
to wait before the skipping occurs.  If you dont want show right after air
it wont matter but for a lil more $ in power i would say its worth it.

Those proc would pry handle 1 commflag job of HD but no more.

Mitchell