[mythtv-users] Adding a button to the UI Myth 0.22

greg greg12866 at nycap.rr.com
Sat Nov 14 01:25:58 UTC 2009

> On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 2:10 PM, Robert McNamara
> <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com <mailto:robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 11:08 AM, Johnny <jarpublic at gmail.com
>     <mailto:jarpublic at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     >> Files are all mostly still the same, menu files are located in
>     >> $sharedir/mythtv/themes/defaultmenu/
>     >
>     > Is it still the case that you should copy the file over to ~/.mythtv
>     > and edit it there? Then it will override the menu files in
>     > /usr/share/mythtv/themes/ and it won't be overwritten by upgrades. I
>     > assume this is the case because my added buttons were still intact
>     > after I upgraded from .21 to .22.
>
>     Nothing has really changed as regards main menus is this release, so
>     the same should still apply.
>
>     Robert

Fixed top post...List rules are no top posts...Thanks....

I copied it from the /usr/share/mythtv/themes/defaultmenu/library.xml to
~mythtv/.mythtv and modified it.   The added button doesn't appear when
restarting Myth-frontend.

Does this mean it doesn't use ~mythtv/.mythtv anymore or did I do
something wrong.  Does it need to be under the same structure in the
.mythv directory (themes/defaultmenu)?

Thanks
steve

It still uses home/mythtv/.mythtv/library.xml....That is the path is
use.. This is the menu entry i use to call Hulu Desktop...

     <button>
        <type>TV_WATCH_RECORDINGS</type>
        <text>Hulu</text>
        <action>EXEC huludesktop %F</action>