[mythtv-users] Recommendations on setting up MythVideo

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sat Nov 14 07:30:13 UTC 2009

I'm still struggling with MythVideo setup so as to get round the 0.22
limitations of ISO files on a storage group but reap the benefits of
storage groups being available on all frontends.

I have a 1TB partition for videos on the backend - not much chance of
changing that without a lot of viewing dropping onto the floor!! How would
readers suggest I arrange directories on the video partition so that I can
NFS mount it on the frontends to get direct access for ISO images but
still put the rest of my videos into a storage group so that the metadata
is not duplicated.

A second question revolves around jamu - how can I (if its even possible)
scan just a couple of directories to populate the metadata for them,
without going through all the snatches of YouTube videos, home videos etc
in the interactive process of giving everything an ID. Would the following
work with symbolic links that are only made after running jamu (to avoid
the pointless queries for clips that only exist on my box)

/mnt/video/iso           <- NFS mounted on all frontends
          /home vids     <----------------- symbolic link
          /other_junk                      |
/mnt/video/storage_group/                  |
                        /movies            |
                        /music_vids        |
                        /home_vids   <-----|

Hopefully this makes sense!!