[mythtv-users] jamu (0.57) exits status of 1; upsets cron - any ideas?

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Sat Nov 14 15:22:20 UTC 2009

Greg,
    James (see ticket #7560) was the one you provided the patch which
corrected the return codes and he should get the credit.

    You are correct that tvdb_api has a very long timeout but I am
hesitant to change it due to how slow TVDB can be. Your suggestion of
using a pid does make a lot of sense but would need to be done at a per
type of jamu options. Consider that running an hourly job with the -MW
option at the same time as the daily -M option only conflicts would be
bandwidth. Having two of the same type of jamu options running at the
same time does not make sense.

Thanks for your suggestions they are appreciated. You must have a heck
of a lot of recordings as I have never seen this happen with the -MW
option and I run it every half hour. No matter as I said you have a good
point.

Thanks

Doug