[mythtv-users] After .22 update, my Hauppauge PVR-500 now shows as remote and disconnected, will not record, help?

Despayre mythtv at rccfo.ca
Sat Nov 14 16:37:57 UTC 2009

 From MythWeb:

Encoder 1 is remote on MythTV.Despayre.com (currently not connected).
Encoder 2 is remote on MythTV.Despayre.com (currently not connected).
Encoder 3 is remote on Bedroom1.Despayre.com and is not recording.
Encoder 4 is remote on Bedroom1.Despayre.com and is not recording.

The problem is, Encoders 1 and 2, are local on MythTV.Despayre.com.

I have looked through the db, could not find any problems, I have
deleted all Encoders (not just on that machine, which is the master
backend), and re-installed the Encoders, same problem. I do not know why
it thinks they are remote, and I don't seem to be able to find a way to
make them show as local again, but in the meantime, I'm down 2 encoders.
1 and 2 are on a Hauppauge PVR-500 on MythTV, and 3 and 4 are on another
PVR-500 on Bedroom1 (those 2 are working fine).

I have tried changing the Master backend name to 127.0.0.1,
localhost.localdomain, localhost, none of those made a difference, and
when I ping MythTV.Despayre.com the machine knows to ping
localhost.localdomain, so it does know its own name it appears, why does
it think these 2 encoders are remote?

Small related tidbit, When I watch Live TV on the Masterbackend, it goes
to Tuner 3, when I try and change inputs, my only other option is Tuner
4, this makes sense since it thinks 1 and 2 are currently not connected,
I just thought I'd mention it.

Any thoughts/solutions?

Thanks,
D.