[mythtv-users] Boxee Launcher in 0.22

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 18:23:00 UTC 2009

> Just upgraded to Mythbuntu 9.10/0.22 and I'm wondering if anyone has
> figured out how to create a Boxee launcher what with all the changes
> to the UI.
> Here is what I did previously:
>
> #Add this to /user/share/mythtv/mainmenu.xml
> <button>
>   <type>TV_WATCH_RECORDINGS</type>
>   <text>Launch Boxee</text>
>   <action>EXEC /opt/boxee/run-boxee-desktop</action>
> </button>

This is still the same for creating the button, but I would copy
mainmenu.xml to ~/.mythtv. Then it will override the default one and
you won't have to worry about it getting overwritten during updates. I
have hulu and boxee launchers in my media library menu and this works
great.

> #Add this to /usr/share/mythtv/themes/Mythbuntu-8.04/theme.xml:
> <buttondef name="BOXEE">
>   <image>ui/button_off.png</image>
>   <watermarkimage>watermark/boxee.png</watermarkimage>
>   <offset>0,0</offset>
> </buttondef>

I am not sure about images etc. this might be different with the new
mythui, I haven't stopped to look at that yet.