[mythtv-users] After .22 update, my Hauppauge PVR-500 now shows as remote and disconnected, will not record, help?

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 14 22:17:32 UTC 2009

2009/11/14 Kevin Kuphal <kkuphal at gmail.com>:

> On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 2:09 PM, Despayre <mythtv at rccfo.ca> wrote:
>>
>> Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>> You can not /ever/ use 127.0.0.1 in any mythtv config with more than one
>>> host.  Use a real/routable IP address.
>>
>> Unfortunately, the LAN IP address that I replaced with 127.0.0.1 was
>> 192.168.1.248, in both places, which is the correct IP. Any other thoughts?
>
> I'd suggest, with you 192.168 addresses in place in mythtv-setup to delete
> all tuners and add them again.  My gut feeling says this would fix your
> issue probably created by using 127.0.0.1 addresses or a combination of
> settings changes during your testing that has messed things up.
>
> Kevin

Despayre

STOP

You need to do this in a specific order to flush the entries in the
database properly, if you don't the db never takes the new entries
properly in my experience.

stop mythbackend

run mythtv-setup

Remove all the channels you have from the system

exit mythtv-setup

start mythbackend

run mythfilldatabase

stop mythbackend

stop and restart the sql server service

rerun mythtv-setup

remove all the receiver cards in the system

exit mythtv-setup

start mythbackend

run mythfilldatabase

stop mythbackend

stop and restart the sql backend

start mythtv-setup

add your receiver cards and scan for the channels

exit mythtv-setup

start mythbackend

run mythfilldatabase

stop mythbackend

stop and restart sql

start mythbackend

I know this whole process sounds very laborious but I've found in the
past that sometimes settings hang around in cache and do not clear
properly until you stop and restart the sql service.

Try it and good luck.