[mythtv-users] After .22 update, my Hauppauge PVR-500 now shows as remote and disconnected, will not record, help?
anothersname at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 14 22:17:32 UTC 2009
2009/11/14 Kevin Kuphal <kkuphal at gmail.com>:
> On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 2:09 PM, Despayre <mythtv at rccfo.ca> wrote:
>> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>> On 11/14/2009 02:19 PM, Despayre wrote:
>>>> Changed both addresses in mythtv-setup on the master backend (where the
>>>> encoders are) to 127.0.01, under General, restarted the backend, no
>>>> difference. (and since I run more than 1 front end, I need the IP address at
>>>> the top of the general screen to be the LAN IP anyway). Any other thoughts?
>>> You can not /ever/ use 127.0.0.1 in any mythtv config with more than one
>>> host. Use a real/routable IP address.
>> Unfortunately, the LAN IP address that I replaced with 127.0.0.1 was
>> 192.168.1.248, in both places, which is the correct IP. Any other thoughts?
> I'd suggest, with you 192.168 addresses in place in mythtv-setup to delete
> all tuners and add them again. My gut feeling says this would fix your
> issue probably created by using 127.0.0.1 addresses or a combination of
> settings changes during your testing that has messed things up.
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
You need to do this in a specific order to flush the entries in the
database properly, if you don't the db never takes the new entries
properly in my experience.
Remove all the channels you have from the system
stop and restart the sql server service
remove all the receiver cards in the system
stop and restart the sql backend
add your receiver cards and scan for the channels
stop and restart sql
I know this whole process sounds very laborious but I've found in the
past that sometimes settings hang around in cache and do not clear
properly until you stop and restart the sql service.
Try it and good luck.
More information about the mythtv-users