[mythtv-users] How to get TV Wonder USB 600 working on Linux 0.22

Guyren Howe guyren at mac.com
Sun Nov 15 08:09:08 UTC 2009

I can find all kinds of comments to the effect that this device works, but no advice about what settings to use. What card type is it, for example?

Reading between all kinds of lines scattered hither and yon, I gather I treat it as a DVB device. It does appear as such in /dev. I think.

But it won't tune any frequencies. Everything comes up as 0 when I do a scan.

I tried installing the drivers as described on the v4l-dvb wiki page about em-28xx devices:

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Em28xx_devices

but this made no difference.

Do I need to do some setup apart from install the aforementioned drivers, before MythBuntu will be able to tune the card? Is there some other subtlety I'm missing here?