[mythtv-users] 0.22 backend/HD HomeRun oddity

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Sun Nov 15 22:14:27 UTC 2009

Hi all -

Continuing issues with the upgrade from 0.21-fixes to 0.22.  I finally
just caved in and rescanned channels, now going through and trying to
match up all my clear QAM channels again.  But that's not my question.

I've noticed that that a short time after the backend starts up, both of
the tuner LEDs on my HD HomeRun light up, and a lot of bits start getting
pushed through the NIC - 2-3MB/s.

If I kill the backend, the LEDs go out, and not long after restart, they
come back on again, as does the flow through the NIC.

Is this a "feature" or a misconfiguration on my part?
I rebooted my 0.21-fixes install, and it does not happen there.

Thanks
Bob