[mythtv-users] 0.22 Upgrade - partial progress

Stephen Bridges widget at stdin.co.uk
Sun Nov 15 23:15:32 UTC 2009

On Saturday 14 November 2009 23:25:48 Stephen Bridges wrote:

> The card is set up as a DVB card (which is recognised as a Conexant
> CX24123/CX24109.  The DISEqC menu is empty..

Managed to solve this in a non-obvious way.  I run mythtv-setup in 800x600on
the TV via S-Video.  The DISEqC menu evidently has a hidden button as moving
right moves focus to something I can't see and then I am able to add an LNB.
Tuning still failed so I imported my old channels.conf.

I look forward to any sanitising of the MythTV options.  Despite (in theory)
being familiar with them, after a few hours everything's still not working
right.  DVD playback is slightly jerky, and some DVDs are showing at the wrong
resolution now so I have to zoom out to see them properly (Usual Suspects and
Wall-E special edition, region 2).

I like the new UI, but some of the new themes try to fit too much info onto my
lo-res screen and then I can't read most of the text.  Although has anybody
had any odd problems with Metallurgy?  I've turned that one on, and
mythwelcome has gone haywire, spawning multiple copies repeatedly.

Widget.