[mythtv-users] MythTV Jobs skip ccextractor process? why?

Jason Salerno mrjsin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 00:28:55 UTC 2009

Hello,

I have been having this strangest problem with MythTV Jobs command. If
i manually type via CLI directly it converts the recording into mp4
with burnt subtitle on it by extracting the recorded shows via
ccextractor then burn it and resize it via mencoder and it went
process without any hitches.  but however if i add it to MythTV auto-
job it ALWAYS skips ccextractor process (or more like refuse to do
ccextractor) and goes directly to mencoder. I am somewhat experinced
with linux but i dont know how to debug or anything. i was hoping
someone could have some kind of idea why it keeps skipping
ccextractor. it is very important for me since i am deaf and i can't
hear so i really rely on captions. and mythtv (to be more specific
MythDora)  is the main reason i choose for my tivo.

here is my commands process.

for shell script (mythiphone.sh) at the bottom

#!/bin/bash

if [ ! $# == 2 ]; then
   echo "Usage: $0 directory file"
   exit
fi

directory="$1";
file="$2";
srtfile="${file/mpg/srt}";

ccextractor "${directory}/${file}";

wait;

mencoder "${directory}/${file}" -sub "${directory}/${srtfile}" -o "$
{directory}/${file}.mp4" -vf scale=480:-10,harddup -oac faac -faacopts
mpeg=4:object=2:raw:br=128 -of lavf -lavfopts format=mp4 -ovc x264 -
x264encopts
bitrate
=
368
:qcomp
=
0.6
:qp_min
=
10
:qp_max
=
51
:qp_step
=
4
:vbv_maxrate
=
4000
:vbv_bufsize
=
3000
:level_idc
=
30
:dct_decimate:me
=
umh:me_range
=
16
:keyint
=
250
:keyint_min
=
25
:nofast_pskip:global_header:nocabac:direct_pred
=auto:nomixed_refs:trellis=1 -subfont-text-scale 3;

wait;

rm "${directory}/${srtfile}";

then in MythTV jobs command i put it in
"User Job#1 Command: /path/to/my/script/mythipod.sh %DIR% %FILE%

thanks!
Jason