[mythtv-users] Geforce 210 on VDPAU wiki

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 03:38:14 UTC 2009

A lot of people are asking about VDPAU cards. So I added the Geforce
210 and the GT 220 to the wiki page for VDPAU, so that it would be
more complete. I haven't used either of these cards but I filled in
the deinterlacer table based off of qvdpautest results. The results
for the 210 were a little dubious. I got these from this post
(http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2104397&postcount=8):

MIXER TEMPORAL (1920x1080): 117 fields/s
MIXER TEMPORAL + SKIP_CHROMA (1920x1080): 155 fields/s
MIXER TEMPORAL_SPATIAL (1920x1080): 56 fields/s
MIXER TEMPORAL_SPATIAL + SKIP_CHROMA (1920x1080): 63 fields/s

So it looks like it could do Advanced 2x with HD for PAL frame-rates
but not for ATSC frame-rates. Also it looks like it could just barely
to HD for ATSC if the skip chroma option is used. For now under
Advanced 2x I put "SD only, maybe HD at PAL frame-rates". Is there
anybody using this card that could give a more accurate assessment
based on real experience? If not is that an accurate assessment from
qvdpautest.